STATEMENT OF NEEDS
A. Needed Services:
- Install, start-up, troubleshoot, operate, and demonstrate Biometric (Fingerprint) Attendance Management System using experienced developers.
- Provide operational and maintenance training for the software to the client’s personnel to achieve self-sufficiency in the required general maintenance and operation of the software.
- Provide user manuals and technical documentation for the software for both operational users and technical support group.
- All members of the client’s employees enroll at least one fingerprint in the database along with other personal data.
- The following information is to be recorded for each employee:
- Full Personal Information
- New employee photograph
- one or two fingerprints
- Morning entry & exit time
- Morning Delay minutes
- Morning at work minutes
- Morning attendance supervising staff
- Afternoon entry & exit time
- Afternoon Delay minutes
6. At least the following data are permanently recorded and referred:
-Each leave may be authorized and approved by the employee department and the HRM department as per the work procedures of the client. A description for each leave shall be developed to include/exclude the following information:
- Leave Type: Annual, Sick, Family, Special
- Leave Description
- Leave Duration
b. Attendence Supervisors
B. Equipment and Software Features Desired:
- Attendance management software will be scalable and configurable, with minimum effort, if the client desires change.
- All upgrades, maintenances or changes made to the software will not affect the ongoing operation of the software.
- The Attendance management software is compatible minimum with Windows XP and is easily usable software.
- There are a number of reports that can be generated, and customized reports can be added upon request.
- The software will be protected by some levels of security including front door (user authentication and authorization) and back door security measures (against bad or unintentional acts of technical people or malicious softwares).
- When a finger is scanned and verified the software has the ability to display in an easily readable format; employee information, photograph, time delayed (for entry) or time worked (for exit), department name.
C. Why Need Bio-metric Attendance Software?
- Fingerprints have been scientifically proven to be unique to individuals. Thus, confirming identity is not a matter of chance as biometrics is a science.
- Fingerprint algorithm provides 99.99% accuracy – optimal FAR and FRR to ensure accurate enrolments and verifications.
- Data is accurate and honest – Buddy-punching is not possible with biometric technology. Hence, recorded data is honest, accurate and usable for other purposes such as payroll calculation
- Completely automated – Minimizes human errors and frustration from manual data input and calculations.
- Irrefutable Audit Trails Reports / No Argument
- Improves Discipline / Punctuality
- Increase Productivity
- Eliminates Buddy Clocking (unlike cards)
D. What makes this software different then the others?
- Our software is a supervised attendance system unlike other wall sticking devices. Our directly pc connected device allows the HRM personnel to supervise the usage of the device. Without supervision frustrated employee may break, scratch, or destroy parts of the scanning device. All known (at least in our country) attendance systems do not allow supervision.
- We are located almost next door just a single phone call away to maintain your product, support, and answer your questions to solve all your problems related to the software. We will give you six months free maintenance and support. No such company is available in the regional state if not in the country.
- The software is fully developed by us therefore no worries related to maintenance, configuration/changing features of the software, unlike the hardware and software pre-packed together in China or somewhere in the world which is the case of all other attendance systems in the market.
- The hardware we use for scanning fingerprints is very different from others:
- Cost-effective: Low manufacturing cost, long life, no maintenance required, very easy and quick to replace (we provide the spare scanners for replacement)
- Durable: Scratch-proof, unbreakable glass platen made of material as hard as quartz, Resistant to shock, and extreme weather (-20° ~ 65°C), operating humidity (90% or less RH, non-condensing), performs well in high traffic, outdoor or rough environments.
- Very fast: Fingerprint capturing speed is 2 ~ 0.5 second with Smart Capture™
- Industry standardized: ANSI INCITS 378, BioAPI, FIPS 201 and FAP 20 (PIV-071006) , ISO/IEC 19794-2, ISO/IEC 19794-4, SP 800-76
- Our software and hardware are separate thus when hardware fails the software still can be used manually by keyboard/mouse attendance input until the scanning hardware is replaced. This eliminates the problem of “lose everything when maintenance is required” which is inherent to other attendance systems in the market.
E. System Specifications and Software Performance
- The software requires windows operating system XP or higher and/or Windows Server 2003 or higher.
- The client will be responsible of licensing the operating systems.
- The software uses role based security for its user management. This feature will control the authority of users such that the access allowed to a given user is confined to the privileges assigned to the roles the user belongs to.
- Most of the misleading and incorrect input to the software is automatically detected and rejected by the software without human intervention.
- Confidential user data are encrypted and stored in database to avoid backend users’ unauthorized access to the user account.
- Authentication and authorization
- When a user tries to log in, the provided username and password are verified against registered user data and if data is correct log in is successful.
- When a user tries to access a feature on the software, the software again checks if the user is authorized to access this feature by looking into the user’s authority list.
- Software Performance
- The latest software performance recommendations will be followed in developing the software.
- The average response time is expected to be less than 2 seconds.
- The software will enable the power users to take regular backups of the data.
- Client Hardware and Software
- The software is being designed to work in client server architecture.
- PC workstations required to use the software can be minimum of Pentium IV processor and 4GB RAM. The optimum PC specification recommended can be of Core i3 with a RAM of 6GB and above.
- Most advanced backend functions will not available with a graphical user interface, and may be included for the power users’ software packages.
- Users can not perform functions from outside the office (e.g., telecommuting), this will be controlled by either logging time (which should be within the time of work hours) or as per the requirement of the client
- Latest industry standards are/will be employed with the development of the system, including the national standards if any (Ethiopian National Software Standards are underdevelopment though).
- Starting from documentation, database design, and finally coding we as much as possible follow the commonly accepted standards. We know that most of the developers ignore backend design (database) standards i.e.: mostly in our country. But this will not be the case with our developers.
- The use of standards with the development of the software can be seen from how much the software design and code is understood by other developers. Thus standardized development helps the future maintenance of the software by new developers.
- Test environment
- We will prepare and organize testing and training environment in which records can be created, deleted, and updated without affecting the performance or data in the production database.